Friday, February 26, 2010

Potatoes and Memories


Sometime in the early 80's the classic " Indian Cooking" by Madhur Jaffrey came my way. Since we were students, aloo gobi, potatoes and cauliflower with cumin and other spices was an inexpensive yet hearty dish that we could make.

It's been many years and my cookbook collection has grown considerably. Recipes don't get lost, but rather buried in the accumulating stack of books and magazines. But surprisingly, aloo gobi wells up from time to time.

What better time than now to make it?

http://www.cookingindex.com/recipes/61121/aloo-gobi-potatoes-and-cauliflower.htm

3 comments:

  1. Margie,
    Thank you fort his lovely post.
    Did you take the photograph? It looks professional. I love the image of this recipe getting buried in piles of books and things then "welling up" when you least expect it.
    So happy you will be making this dish for our pilot Cyber Banquet.
    Io Palmer (S&P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I took the image. Just sat the plate on my dining table. Of course I had tried the shot in the pan and on another plate and different angles. Maybe a food magazine would hire me--I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I've had another Madhur Jaffrey book for years as well - 'World of the East Vegetarian Cooking.' The 'Lentils and Spinach' recipe has been a staple of mine for years! It's also soooo good, simple, cheap, and easy.

    ReplyDelete