Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Chocolate, Thank You - An interactive food experience




Just recently I was invited by the Sophia Institute in Charelston, SC to participate in an exhibition of women artists. I was excited by the opportunity because I really wanted to do an interactive exhibition piece that explores our emotional connection to food. Dear Chocolate, Thank you is a collaborative work that documents and discusses our individual and collective connection to this sweet treat.

Exhibition goers were invited to take a chocolate bar throughout the run of the exhibition. In exchange takers were asked to write thank you letters to chocolate. The letters were written on labels I designed, and then left behind. There are some incredible responses!

Jonell Pulliam


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your show! So am thinking of your project tonight on halloween as yet again I completely overbuy on chocolate even though there aren't many kids on the street and I guess I'm just expecting lots of leftovers....Have a good one!
    Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete